Headquartered in Taylor, Mich., Atlas Oil is the inaugural Simon Group Holdings company. Since our founding in 1985, Atlas has grown through technological and operational innovation, all while maintaining our unwavering commitment to customer success. Atlas offers single-source solutions for fuel, transportation and logistics and is one of the largest fuel distributors in the country, delivering over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually to customers in 47 states. We have an active real estate division and are engaged in transportation logistics and fueling including bulk, fleet, event, onsite, emergency response, and oil field services.
Under minimum supervision, manages customer delivery requirements for “house” accounts and works with commercial transport sales representatives to dispatch loads to internal and external carriers. Monitors inventory management to ensure sites have product and are buying on correct pricing days. Places orders for inventory management sites, reviews prices, names pull points, and generates nightly pricing. Assists team leader with other activities as needed.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Economics, Accounting/Finance, Supply Chain, Mathematics or related field.
Primary Responsibilities & Scope:
- Prices and oversees pricing of house accounts
- Responsible for billing issues by vendors
- Documents daily business processes
- Work with team leader on pricing and deal evaluation
- Sets weekly fuel surcharge for Atlas Oil and customers
- Manages customer delivery requirements for all “house” accounts to insure contract requirements and delivery / profitability standards are met
- Interfaces with external customers to take orders and assist in other needs
- Works with commercial transport sales reps to dispatch loads to internal and external carriers.
- Monitors inventory management to ensure sites have product and are buying on the correct pricing days. Will place orders for inventory management sites as needed
- Creates orders in the system
- Follows up with carriers to get paperwork following deliveries for billing
- Review prices and determines pull points each night for external carriers
- Monitors fuel market pull points during the day for price changes and directs carriers to new pull points, as needed
- Reviews and approves freight invoices as they are received to ensure that Atlas is being billed correct rates
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to make strong recommendations on a vast amount of data to indicate best pull times
- Strong geographical skills of surrounding area terminals and pipelines
- Ability to sell and negotiate with customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong mathematical skills
- Excellent planning, organization and prioritizing skills
- Must be available to work during pricing and supply change periods (evenings, and weekends)
- Demonstrates experience in analyzing fuel pricing and lift processes