Discovery Senior Living, a national award-winning developer, owner, and operator of senior living communities is currently searching for an exceptional team member to join our team at our community called The Conservatory at Keller. Ranked as one of the top 20 largest senior living providers in the United States and the top 5 for growth in the world, Discovery is redefining senior living through innovation, leadership, and design. As a result the company currently has a flourishing portfolio of more than 6,500 homes with plans for continued growth.
Responsible for proper dining set-up, providing meal and dining services and cleaning of the dining rooms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Utilizes proper food handling and food service techniques.
- Takes meal/drink orders and serves meals in a friendly and timely manner.
- Assures resident/guest is satisfied with their meals.
- Maintains knowledge of daily menu and general description of all food items and explains to residents or guests.
- Maintains assigned tables and surrounding area in a complete state of cleanliness, appearance and readiness.
- Follows daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Assists with orientation and training of new food servers.
- Practices all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Sets-up and cleans the Dining Room while maintaining or exceeding hospitality and service standards.
- Maintains or exceeds standards of appearance, cleanliness, personal sanitation, and hygiene.
- Performs and completes opening and closing checklist criteria and checks out with Supervisor.
- Assists in dining room and surrounding areas for proper directional flow, organization and supplies placement.
- Restocks and rotates inventory on daily basis.
- Responsible for punching in and out according to schedule. Also, if applicable, adhering to all child labor laws.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in fine dining preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Language Ability:
- Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Ability to respond promptly to resident needs.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Competent in organizational, time management skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Works primarily indoors in a climate controlled setting
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Team Member is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.