We are seeking a driven HR Professional to lead and direct the human resources strategy and administrative activities for our Dallas based client. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: managing all aspects of recruitment and hiring. Leading performance management, performance appraisals, and retention initiatives. Partnering with the Executive Team on strategic human resources initiatives for the organization. Driving Teammate relations and conflict resolution; maintaining and enforcing company policies and procedures; and ensuring compliance with federal and state employment laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with HR Team to develop and maintain core human resource programs such as handbooks, job descriptions, performance appraisal systems, compensation evaluations, and leadership best practices.
- Leads the development and execution of HR systems and strategies aligned with the Teammate life cycle that drive culture and employee engagement, and help the community achieve visionary outcomes by recruiting, hiring and retaining top talent.
- Implements standardized Teammate orientation.
- Works to pro-actively identify areas of legal exposure, and provides assistance and guidance, i.e. FLSA, Title VII, FMLA, etc.
- Assists HR Team with escalated Teammate discipline and corrective action, hiring, promotion and discharge techniques to promote satisfactory Teammate relations in which to reduce the probability of future unjust discharge or discrimination claims.
- Works closely with Executive team to proactively identify human resource current and future needs. Identifies processes and systems necessary to meet those needs.
- Conducts annual needs analysis with community’s leadership team. Performs HR audit annually for communities to assess compliance and strategic needs.
- Leads development and execution of the hiring process by providing behavioral interviewing guidelines, application templates, pre-employment testing, and recruiting assistance.
- Monitors and analyzes trends in turnover and other key employment metrics. Develops recommendations accordingly.
- Consults on high-risk investigations related to allegations of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
- Provides consultation and guidance on escalated employment matters.
- Leads investigations and information-gathering regarding EPLI claims.
- Leads development and execution of formal training programs, such as behavioral interviewing, harassment and leadership best practices.
- Responsible for meeting company deadlines during annual renewal process. Assists with community and Teammate meetings as needed.
- Travel is a regular expectation of this position. Director of HR must be willing and able to travel regularly to other locations as requested.
- Analyzes external competitiveness of company benefits/practices.
- Analyzes compensation strategy factoring internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Reports HR data analytics to Executive team for effective business decisions.
- Maintains proficiency in all industry trends and HR functions, including compliance and best practices through continuing professional development.
- Collaborates with the Executive team to ensure that organizational structure is meeting the business needs of the organization and develops a workforce plan for alignment.
Directly supervises the Human Resources Team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in employee relations or human resources.
- Experience and knowledge of state and federal employment laws.